The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of you, “the users”, and “the website, we, us”, of We WeFundTheCure.org and website “owner”, We Fund The Cure a 501(c)(3) corporation. Furthermore the way WFTC.org processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
The Website WeFundTheCure.org
WFTC takes a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience.
What we do with your personally identifiable information
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. “Personally identifiable information” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
- -your name, company, email address, phone number, billing address, and shipping address
- -your WeFundTheCure.org user ID and password
- -any account-preference information you provide us
- -your computer’s domain name and IP address, indicating
- -where your computer is located on the Internet
- -session data for your login session, so that our computer can ‘talk’ to yours while you are logged in
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, either directly or through a reseller or other business partner, we will;
- not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission — although unless you opt out (see below), we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as (for example) news about our services and products and modifications to the Terms of Service;
- take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- not use or disclose the information except:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered, such as (for example) by providing it to a carrier to deliver products you have ordered;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of We Fund The Cure, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction
Other information we collect
We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) the domain name and IP address of your computer. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our Web site(s); research and development; customer- and account administration; and to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely.
Cookies are small files saved to the users computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the users interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computer’s hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
Contact & Communication
Users contacting this website and/or WFTC do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process.
Emails and Newsletters
This website operates an email newsletter program, used to inform subscribers of content on this website. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so.
No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies / people that operate without the express authorization of WFTC.
If you provide your personal details we may use the information provided to contact you in relation to the specifics of your request.
If you submit contact details such as an email or postal address, WFTC may use the information you have provided to contact you from time to time about items we think you may find of interest. Some of the contacts may be automated. You can opt out of some or all contacts at any time by contacting us.
If you sign up to receive regular news and information by any means, you may cancel the receipt of such bulletins at any time.
Personal details, which you provide solely for the purpose of receiving news, will not be used for any other purpose.
Email marketing campaigns published by this website or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity [this is by no far a comprehensive list].
This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
Subscribers are given the opportunity to unsubscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each newsletter email.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links users should always adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website.
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned. Adverts and Sponsored Links
This website may contain sponsored links and adverts. These will typically be served through our advertising partners; to whom may have detailed privacy policies relating directly to the adverts they serve.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners use and participate on (such as Facebook, Twitter and Youtube), are each subject to their own terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies, and we cannot be held responsible to their actions.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Notice to European Union Users
We Fund The Cure operations are located primarily in the United States. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) to the United States. By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described herein.
USA CAN-SPAM Act of 2013 Compliance
At We Fund The Cure, in order to be fully compliant, we take the following steps in order to achieve CAN-SPAM compliance:
- We do not use false or misleading header information.
- We do not use deceptive subject lines.
- We identify the message as an advertisement.
- We inform recipients of where you are located.
- We inform recipients of how to opt-out of receiving future messages.
- We honor opt-out requests as promptly as possible.
- We monitor messages that are sent on your behalf.
Canadian Anti-Spam Law (CASL)
At We Fund The Cure, in order to be fully compliant, we take the following steps in order to achieve Canadian Anti-Spam Law CAN-SPAM (CASL) compliance:
- We clearly identify the sender of the message.
- We provide a way for the recipient to readily contact the sender.
- We provide a functioning unsubscribe method.
- We store the following information for each of your recipients’ addresses:
- Type of opt-in
- Example of sign-up webpage (if applicable)
- Date they opted-in
- The connecting IP (if applicable)
Information collected from children
You must be at least 13 years old to use WeFundTheCure.org’s Web site(s) and service(s). WFTC does not knowingly collect information from children under 13.
Shortened Links in Social Media
WFTC through our social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls.
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us buy either going to “Contact Us” on our website, or by email at info@WeFundTheCure.org.